Monday, May 24, 2010

Baptism

Well, it has been a week and I just realized that I never blogged about Tyler's baptism. Time sure flies when you are busy. Tyler is 7 (and 1/2) and a couple of weeks ago I sat him down and explained, with the use of a tract, how to get to Heaven. He has heard this all his life, but I wanted it to be personal. In fact, lately we have been reading from the book, "Leading Little Ones to Christ", which is a great book that just takes baby steps to tell you about Jesus and what he did for you. I had felt for a while that I should do this with him, but the right time never came. So, on this day, after he finished his math work we sat under a table (he is a boy, you know) and I read the tract to him. It was a children's version and very good. At the end I asked him if he would like to ask Jesus into his heart. He said yes. We prayed and he acknowledged he was a sinner and asked for forgiveness. It was so sweet. Then he had to call everyone and tell them what he did. Now my little boy has the assurance of going to heaven. What a wonderful gift God has given us. I am so thankful for my assurance as well. How about you? Do you have that assurance?

Photobucket
His dad helped him out that day. Doesn't that look like one proud Papa.

Photobucket
Sister had to lend some moral support.

Photobucket
I thought he looked like an angel in his robe, so I had to play with this picture. LOL

Photobucket
A view from our vantage point.
Photobucket
Thanks to Mary Ellen, we got this picture.

1 comments:

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ June 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

How awesome! Tell Bobbi and Tyler I said hi!

Joy

Followers

About This Blog

Welcome to my blog. I am a homeschooling mom to two wonderful children. I love science and photography and often combine the two. I am an ultra conservative Christian and have been married to my wonderful hubby for 14 years.

One of my favorite Lapbooking sites

Labels

anatomy (2) apologia (6) astronomy (2) awesome (1) backyard (1) baptism (1) beach (3) bees (1) beth moore (1) bible (1) bike (1) birds (2) birthday (2) boats (1) botany (1) broken arm (2) candy (1) cast (1) caterpillar (3) chicks (1) chocolate (1) church (3) contest (1) cooking (1) corn (1) curriculum (2) doctor (1) eclipse (1) experiment (2) faces (11) Faith (1) field trip (3) fish (1) fix it friday (3) frogs (3) fun (1) garden (1) glilder (1) God (1) harvest (1) hermit crabs (2) homeschool (2) hornworm (2) hospital (1) I heart faces (3) insects (5) kids (5) kildeer (2) lapbook (1) Manduca nature (2) mud (2) Munchy (1) music (1) nature (16) nintendo (1) ocean (1) outdoors (3) party (1) patience (1) pet (3) photography (13) planetarium (1) projects (2) pumpkin (1) RA (2) reading (2) rosemary (1) Royal Ambassador (2) sad (1) school (7) science (9) scooter (1) sea world (1) shamu (1) sled (1) snow (2) spelling (2) squash (1) sun (1) swallowtail (2) SWR (2) tadpoles (2) tobacco (1) trees (1) Tyler (3) vacation (3) whales (1) winter (2) writing (1)

background

Counter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP