Friday, August 15, 2008

Other Things in My Garden

I found this leaf-footed bug in my garden the other day hiding on a Morning Glory vine that was growing up some Zinnias. Isn't he cute. He knew I was there and wouldn't smile for the camera.






This is my first little pumpkin of the year. Finally. I have had several that looked like they would make it, but didn't.






These are my sunflowers. I planted them late in the season, so they are just getting their start. Aren't they beautiful. Next year I hope to plant a sunflower forrest for my kids to play in. Won't that be fun?!



I also found this little guy sitting on a morning glory leaf. I'm not sure what he is because I never saw him open his wings.

1 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ August 20, 2008 at 1:28 AM  

Hi Kim,

Those are great pictures! You can tell you LOVE your garden...it shines through on your blog! I think we may give the garden thing a try next year!

And one year when Colt was smaller, we had read the book The Sunflower House (I think it was called?) and we planted them in a circle like a playhouse. It was fun! After awhile they got tall and drooped over, but it was fun while it lasted! :)

Good job on your blog! I'll list you on my blogroll.

~ Tammy ~

Followers

About This Blog

Welcome to my blog. I am a homeschooling mom to two wonderful children. I love science and photography and often combine the two. I am an ultra conservative Christian and have been married to my wonderful hubby for 14 years.

One of my favorite Lapbooking sites

Labels

anatomy (2) apologia (6) astronomy (2) awesome (1) backyard (1) baptism (1) beach (3) bees (1) beth moore (1) bible (1) bike (1) birds (2) birthday (2) boats (1) botany (1) broken arm (2) candy (1) cast (1) caterpillar (3) chicks (1) chocolate (1) church (3) contest (1) cooking (1) corn (1) curriculum (2) doctor (1) eclipse (1) experiment (2) faces (11) Faith (1) field trip (3) fish (1) fix it friday (3) frogs (3) fun (1) garden (1) glilder (1) God (1) harvest (1) hermit crabs (2) homeschool (2) hornworm (2) hospital (1) I heart faces (3) insects (5) kids (5) kildeer (2) lapbook (1) Manduca nature (2) mud (2) Munchy (1) music (1) nature (16) nintendo (1) ocean (1) outdoors (3) party (1) patience (1) pet (3) photography (13) planetarium (1) projects (2) pumpkin (1) RA (2) reading (2) rosemary (1) Royal Ambassador (2) sad (1) school (7) science (9) scooter (1) sea world (1) shamu (1) sled (1) snow (2) spelling (2) squash (1) sun (1) swallowtail (2) SWR (2) tadpoles (2) tobacco (1) trees (1) Tyler (3) vacation (3) whales (1) winter (2) writing (1)

background

Counter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP