Friday, November 21, 2008

Harvest Candy Corn

I love candy corn!! I eat it this time of year until I make myself sick. So, when I learned that I could make it myself, I had to try it. I found the recipe at Recipezaar.com

I tried a batch myself and made some gigantic candy corn. They were delish. My kiddos then wanted to try to make them, so we made another batch. We made the three traditional colors of orange, yellow and plain white. Then we rolled each color into a rope and smashed them together. Then we used a butter knife to cut out triangle like the corn.
We took it to our homeschool group's harvest party and it was a hit.

2 comments:

The Giggles Family November 22, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

yummers! I unfortunately, am the absolute only person in my family who likes candy corn. Not even our cat likes it and she likes everything LOL!
The candy looks fantastic the Pickles should all be proud!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ November 22, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

It WAS good too, Kim!

Tammy

Followers

About This Blog

Welcome to my blog. I am a homeschooling mom to two wonderful children. I love science and photography and often combine the two. I am an ultra conservative Christian and have been married to my wonderful hubby for 14 years.

One of my favorite Lapbooking sites

Labels

anatomy (2) apologia (6) astronomy (2) awesome (1) backyard (1) baptism (1) beach (3) bees (1) beth moore (1) bible (1) bike (1) birds (2) birthday (2) boats (1) botany (1) broken arm (2) candy (1) cast (1) caterpillar (3) chicks (1) chocolate (1) church (3) contest (1) cooking (1) corn (1) curriculum (2) doctor (1) eclipse (1) experiment (2) faces (11) Faith (1) field trip (3) fish (1) fix it friday (3) frogs (3) fun (1) garden (1) glilder (1) God (1) harvest (1) hermit crabs (2) homeschool (2) hornworm (2) hospital (1) I heart faces (3) insects (5) kids (5) kildeer (2) lapbook (1) Manduca nature (2) mud (2) Munchy (1) music (1) nature (16) nintendo (1) ocean (1) outdoors (3) party (1) patience (1) pet (3) photography (13) planetarium (1) projects (2) pumpkin (1) RA (2) reading (2) rosemary (1) Royal Ambassador (2) sad (1) school (7) science (9) scooter (1) sea world (1) shamu (1) sled (1) snow (2) spelling (2) squash (1) sun (1) swallowtail (2) SWR (2) tadpoles (2) tobacco (1) trees (1) Tyler (3) vacation (3) whales (1) winter (2) writing (1)

background

Counter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP