Friday, November 21, 2008

Science Display and Recitation


This month at our homeschool group we had a Science display. Everyone was encouraged to tell about what they had been studying in science. We could do it in anyway we chose. Some did experiments. Some did recitations of things they had memorized, like thier bones. Some did Bible science. It was really neat to see what others are learning. We spent the summer reading through Apologia's Swimming Creatures of the 5th day (Zoo II) and then going to Sea World. So, we wanted to use that as our subject. However, that is just too much to get together in a month. I looked for a pre-made lapbook, but after thinking about it, I decided the whole book was just a bit too ambitious. Then I stumbled across a sample at Live and Learn Press. It was just over the chapter on Whales. Well, that, I decided, was just the perfect amount. Plus, it would give me a chance to try out their lapbook series. I love Live and Learn Press' lapbooks. They have a series that has been created to go with the elementary Apologia series and it very thorough. I will definately use them again. But, I digress. Whales, hmm, we loved Shamu and have the video of the show. We could show that and make the lapbook and make a backboard of pictures. That is what we did.
The kids memorized a few lines to tell about the backboard. They did so good.
We can't wait until next years display, but right now we need to begin working on our Geography Fair display that is due in March. We will be studying Ancient Rome.

1 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ November 22, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

They did do a really good job, Kim! I think all the kids did! I was so proud to see so many kids participate!

I'm looking forward to the Geography Fair too, but Joy can't make up her mind for sure what country....although we may have a winner this time!

See ya'll Monday!
Tammy

Followers

About This Blog

Welcome to my blog. I am a homeschooling mom to two wonderful children. I love science and photography and often combine the two. I am an ultra conservative Christian and have been married to my wonderful hubby for 14 years.

One of my favorite Lapbooking sites

Labels

anatomy (2) apologia (6) astronomy (2) awesome (1) backyard (1) baptism (1) beach (3) bees (1) beth moore (1) bible (1) bike (1) birds (2) birthday (2) boats (1) botany (1) broken arm (2) candy (1) cast (1) caterpillar (3) chicks (1) chocolate (1) church (3) contest (1) cooking (1) corn (1) curriculum (2) doctor (1) eclipse (1) experiment (2) faces (11) Faith (1) field trip (3) fish (1) fix it friday (3) frogs (3) fun (1) garden (1) glilder (1) God (1) harvest (1) hermit crabs (2) homeschool (2) hornworm (2) hospital (1) I heart faces (3) insects (5) kids (5) kildeer (2) lapbook (1) Manduca nature (2) mud (2) Munchy (1) music (1) nature (16) nintendo (1) ocean (1) outdoors (3) party (1) patience (1) pet (3) photography (13) planetarium (1) projects (2) pumpkin (1) RA (2) reading (2) rosemary (1) Royal Ambassador (2) sad (1) school (7) science (9) scooter (1) sea world (1) shamu (1) sled (1) snow (2) spelling (2) squash (1) sun (1) swallowtail (2) SWR (2) tadpoles (2) tobacco (1) trees (1) Tyler (3) vacation (3) whales (1) winter (2) writing (1)

background

Counter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP