Thursday, April 16, 2009

Empty Nest Syndrome

Well, the baby birds are gone. They ran around our back yard most of the day. The fourth eggs did hatch, so there are now 4 little chicks. You can tell the youngest. He isn't quite as advanced as his siblings, but he does just fine. Mama bird wasn't as accomodating today. She and daddy bird were in training mode with their babies, so I was the enemy to fear. I did get pretty close later this afternoon.

Mama bird trying to distract me. Ha. I don't think so.
Here is the whole family out for a walk. I numbered the babies. They blend in so well.

After lunch we went back out and I couldn't find them. Then I saw Mama bird. She was in my garden, so I went to her. I couldn't find the babies. Where did they go? Then I spotted one in plain view. Then I spotted another in the tall grass. Where were the other 2? Something moved to my right. It was number 3. She was pretty close. Now, where is number 3. It must be the baby. After a few more minutes she moved to and there she was, right beside me. Sweet, sweet, sweet. Then the race was on. Mama bird squaked out orders and they obeyed, sort of. One little guy apparantly wanted his picture taken, so he stayed near me. That was a no no. Mama bird threw caution to the wind and flew to him. She squaked some more then stepped on his head. I wish I could have gotten a picture of that. You know, I sometimes feel like doing that to my little chick. This afternoon the all slipped through a hole in the fence and into our neighbors yard. I'll miss them. LOL Enjoy the pictures!!!!




3 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ April 16, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

So I guess in bird world, there's always one in the brood that isn't quite as obedient! They are so cute! I know you'll miss them!

Tammy

Anonymous April 20, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

Still drooling!!!!LOL

Dana Leeds May 5, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

What cuties!!! And, you are so blessed to get to watch these babies & mommies (& daddies) interact!

Followers

About This Blog

Welcome to my blog. I am a homeschooling mom to two wonderful children. I love science and photography and often combine the two. I am an ultra conservative Christian and have been married to my wonderful hubby for 14 years.

One of my favorite Lapbooking sites

Labels

anatomy (2) apologia (6) astronomy (2) awesome (1) backyard (1) baptism (1) beach (3) bees (1) beth moore (1) bible (1) bike (1) birds (2) birthday (2) boats (1) botany (1) broken arm (2) candy (1) cast (1) caterpillar (3) chicks (1) chocolate (1) church (3) contest (1) cooking (1) corn (1) curriculum (2) doctor (1) eclipse (1) experiment (2) faces (11) Faith (1) field trip (3) fish (1) fix it friday (3) frogs (3) fun (1) garden (1) glilder (1) God (1) harvest (1) hermit crabs (2) homeschool (2) hornworm (2) hospital (1) I heart faces (3) insects (5) kids (5) kildeer (2) lapbook (1) Manduca nature (2) mud (2) Munchy (1) music (1) nature (16) nintendo (1) ocean (1) outdoors (3) party (1) patience (1) pet (3) photography (13) planetarium (1) projects (2) pumpkin (1) RA (2) reading (2) rosemary (1) Royal Ambassador (2) sad (1) school (7) science (9) scooter (1) sea world (1) shamu (1) sled (1) snow (2) spelling (2) squash (1) sun (1) swallowtail (2) SWR (2) tadpoles (2) tobacco (1) trees (1) Tyler (3) vacation (3) whales (1) winter (2) writing (1)

background

Counter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP