Wednesday, April 15, 2009

We Have Chicks!!!!!

Today we noticed that the Kildeer chicks have hatched. I had to run and get my camera. Boy are they cute. Mama Bird and I have this understanding. I just talk real nice to her and she lets me take pictures of her babies. My "babies" were outside running wild but they didn't seem to bother her.

Isn't he just the cutest little thing!!!!!


There are three of them that have hatched so far. 2 are pretty advanced but one must have just been hatched because he couldn't walk well and his feathers weren't as nice yet. There is still one egg left. I fully expect it to hatch by tomorrow.

It is amazing that God created these little birds to be ready to go within hours of hatching. They look like little adult birds only cuter. I would love to have picked one up and petted it. However, I have seen Mama and Daddy bird's beaks and I didn't want to push.

Mama bird just sits there on her little ones keeping them warm. They take turns poking their heads out. Once all three got out and were running crazy. She had to call in daddy bird as reinforcement. She managed to get them all back under her. They are such obedient little birds. When I was taking pictures of the babies, Daddy bird got a bit worried. Never mind that I had been sitting there talking with mama bird for a good 20 minutes. He started squaking and squaking. I told mama bird to tell him it was ok. Well, she let out 2 or 3 little peeps to him and he quit. I can't wait until tomorrow to see them all running crazy all over the yard. I hope I catch them before they are gone.

4 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ April 15, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

Awww...they are adorable. They look so innocent and sweet! I'm glad you "talked" Mama Bird in letting you take pics because you got some good ones! Joy was looking at the pics and remarked how well they blend in to their surroundings! Sounds like you need to work on Daddy Bird a little bit! :)

I need to go check on ours!

Ya'll have a great evening,
Tammy

Anonymous April 16, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Very cool!!! Hope the 4th egg hatches. :)

~Tina
www.homeschoolblogger.com/momof7kids

The Giggles Family April 16, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

awwwwww how sweet..... we do not have any Kildeer here...... Robins, Cardinals and Blue Jays are most popular...we have several nests each year and lots of babies, but the Cardinals and Blue Jays make their nests very high up in our HUGE spruce tree. The Robins tend to make nests everywhere and I managed to get some moment by moment shots of the beautiful blue eggs hatching last year.... let me tell you though the robins are nowhere near as cute as the Kildeer hatchlings... in fact they are quite homely looking LOL..... they do grow into beauties though. Thanks for posting the gorgeous pics. Carrie

Anonymous April 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

niffy.

Followers

About This Blog

Welcome to my blog. I am a homeschooling mom to two wonderful children. I love science and photography and often combine the two. I am an ultra conservative Christian and have been married to my wonderful hubby for 14 years.

One of my favorite Lapbooking sites

Labels

anatomy (2) apologia (6) astronomy (2) awesome (1) backyard (1) baptism (1) beach (3) bees (1) beth moore (1) bible (1) bike (1) birds (2) birthday (2) boats (1) botany (1) broken arm (2) candy (1) cast (1) caterpillar (3) chicks (1) chocolate (1) church (3) contest (1) cooking (1) corn (1) curriculum (2) doctor (1) eclipse (1) experiment (2) faces (11) Faith (1) field trip (3) fish (1) fix it friday (3) frogs (3) fun (1) garden (1) glilder (1) God (1) harvest (1) hermit crabs (2) homeschool (2) hornworm (2) hospital (1) I heart faces (3) insects (5) kids (5) kildeer (2) lapbook (1) Manduca nature (2) mud (2) Munchy (1) music (1) nature (16) nintendo (1) ocean (1) outdoors (3) party (1) patience (1) pet (3) photography (13) planetarium (1) projects (2) pumpkin (1) RA (2) reading (2) rosemary (1) Royal Ambassador (2) sad (1) school (7) science (9) scooter (1) sea world (1) shamu (1) sled (1) snow (2) spelling (2) squash (1) sun (1) swallowtail (2) SWR (2) tadpoles (2) tobacco (1) trees (1) Tyler (3) vacation (3) whales (1) winter (2) writing (1)

background

Counter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP